About us!



gfhfghf

Wednesday 9 February 2011

The King's Speech

Well, now I will understand what all the Oscar buzz is about, we went to see The King's Speech last night and it was without a word of exaggeration brilliant. Such amazing performances from Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham-Carter not to mention the supporting cast. It was one of those films where you are surprised how short it was only to realise that you have actually been sitting for nearly two hours and the time has just flown - no clock-watching here! This film-goer was stunned by it!

Anyway, on to the usual book-related business. Yesterday was Jules Verne's 183rd birthday and it reminded me that I have always wanted to read 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' so I shall be popping along to the library later to see if its in, I expect it to be quite an undertaking but have heard good things.

Our book of the day is Clive Cussler's 'Vixen 03' and can be found HERE in the online shop along with many other great books.

Have a good day folks!

1 comment:

  1. As you know, I agree about The King's Speech. Absolutely superb. Everyone should see it. I'm so glad it won so many awards!

    ReplyDelete