About us!



gfhfghf

Monday 3 January 2011

Happy new year!

Hope it will be a great one for all of us!

A very sad start however is the news that Pete Postlethwaite has passed away, a fabulous actor and lovely man, I was lucky enough to meet him a few times, we have lost a huge talent.

Another miserable thing (lets get them out of the way) is the ongoing threat to our public libraries, I have posted a map of planned closures on the Facebook page HERE and it is horrific in my opinion, they are vital to communities, not just for borrowing books, but as places to spend time, carry out research and meet others.

Aside from that, I hope you have all had a lovely break, great Christmas and new year and that we can attack 2011 with some positivity! I am listing gardening books on the shop at the moment in the hope of a cheerful spring!

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment